After 2 days of teamwork, great communication, and trial and error, the painting is complete!! Joe and I carefully painted my room and it looks great :-) The only set back we had was when we painted the purple accent wall... we only painted one coat and all the spackling and paint strokes were coming through loud and clear. After my impromptu temper tantrum, Joe painted a second coat on the wall (he's so understanding, haha!). Since we bought low-odor paint were able to set up my room right away, arranging my furniture, bed, and side table. We were even able to sleep in my room that night!
Now all that's left is decorating--- the happy fun part! I HAVE to get blinds/window shades ASAP because I still have my makeshift shower curtain up to block out the light. I have to get extension cords, shelves, picture frames, something to center over my bed, a light fixture, and new covers to go over my light switch. But picking out that stuff is fun, so i'm not worried about it!
Now I can pack for India without any worry or anxiety about my apartment. I'm going to Costco today to get some snacks and supplies. Hopefully I'll be able to get food that'll remind me of The States....
No comments:
Post a Comment